Maintenance Engineer | FT – Magnolia Hotel (Houston, TX)
MAGNOLIA HOTELS | Magnolia Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company. After extensive renovations, this 1926 historic landmark is now one of Houston’s most distinct properties. Located in the heart of downtown Houston, discover a destination dedicated to pure hospitality.
TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO BY MARRIOTT | Personality defines us. Character unites us. Tribute Portfolio is designed for travelers seeking fresh travel experiences that reflect their own unique individual point of view. With a focus on expressive design moments, vibrant public spaces, and a flexible food and beverage model, Tribute Portfolio is for full-service developers keen on creating spaces that connect people and places. Drawn together by their sense of character, diverse experiences and robust personality, Tribute Portfolio hotels are a magnet for the colorful and quirky, much like the travelers who choose to stay at them.
To ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist hotel guests with any guest room maintenance issues (plumbing, lighting, electrical, painting, etc)
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance in guest rooms, (CARE, RPM, GCPM), meeting rooms, and/or public spaces as required
- Maintain all mechanical items in guest rooms and public areas
- Clean all work areas after completing job
- Assist mechanics and external contractors in repairs of hotel property and equipment
- Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Have a thorough understanding of fire alarm procedures and other emergencies
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Effectively operate applicable systems, two way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities
- Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Engineering Management
- Must possess painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry, lighting and computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, HVAC equipment, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and program TV’s
- Prior building maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training
- Project assignment experience, completing assignments on time, and understanding of preventive and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Walk, stand, climb, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel for long periods at a time, as the position requires constant motion; crawling for short periods of time
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50-100lbs without assistance; candidates must be able to utilize step stools and ladders effectively
Full time employees are offered medical, dental, and vision insurance, and eligible to participate in 401(k) profit sharing program after designated waiting periods. Magnolia Houston employees will enjoy access to Marriott Explore employee discount program for self, family, and friends.
Applicants should email resumes to email@example.com.