Maintenance Engineer – FT – Evening Shift – Magnolia Hotel
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – Evening Shift 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
The Magnolia Omaha, formerly the Aquila Court Building, built in 1923, the structure was designed to mimic the Bargello, a palace in Florence, Italy. Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, the faces of George and Aquila Cook can still be seen on the front of the boutique hotel’s building today. Here, guests discover the inviting warmth of pure hospitality in the center of downtown Omaha. The Magnolia Omaha is a destination at the heart of the arts and entertainment district. Visit us at www.magnoliahotels.com/omaha.
The Engineers complete duties to keep the Hotel in top working condition, and make room calls for Housekeeping and guests when necessary. Based on the Engineer’s skill set they will be assigned work such as quality assurance (preventive maintenance), “perfect room program” painting, room calls, and special projects.
The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Engineer include:
- Complete all general maintenance assigned maintenance requests, ensuring timely completion, thoroughness, standards of work quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that scheduled quality assurance and/or perfect room maintenance is completed according to assignments and schedules set by Engineer.
- Complete daily checklists or side duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Complete assigned repairs and/or special projects to Company quality standards.
- Provide quick and professional service to all room calls, particularly when the guest is present, and complete associated paperwork and/or follow up when job is completed.
- Follow Hotel procedures on entering guest rooms, whether occupied or vacant.
- Maintain security of all keys, radios, tools and other assigned Hotel property.
- Adhere to Hotel procedures for communicating on the two-way radio.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures in performing duties, and in storing and handling supplies, agents and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe Maintenance shop.
- Learn, understand and if required apply emergency procedures for your position and the Engineering department.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times when performing tasks.
- Report any injury no matter how minor to the Chief Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned which may include performing duties other than those listed in this position description in the Engineering department or other department in the Hotel.
The Desired Qualifications of the Engineer are:
- Professional applied knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting or general maintenance trades.
- Technical, operational and repair proficiency in a building trade such as General Maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical.
- Knowledge of Engineering functions as they relate to the hospitality industry.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills with ability to give directions clearly, and ability to communicate clearly using a two way multi-channel radio.
- Project assignment experience, completing assignments on time, use of punch-list review process, and understanding of preventive and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with OSHA related safety rules, regulations and procedures.
Minimum Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer include:
- Ability ascend and descend ladders.
- Ability to enter confined space.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English.
The Magnolia Omaha offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Complimentary On-Site parking
- Metro Bus Pass
- Medical, Dental Vision benefits after 30 days of employment
- Complimentary shift meal
- Employee and Friends & Family discounts at all Magnolia Hotels
- Paid vacation and holidays including employee birthday
- Shoes for Crews
- Charitable Donation Match
- Education assistance
- “Kitz for Kidz” School Supply program