Maintenance Engineer (Denver, CO)
The Engineer’s complete duties are to keep the Hotel in top working condition, and make room calls for Housekeeping and guests when necessary. Based on the Engineer’s skill set they will be assigned work such as quality assurance (preventive maintenance), “perfect room program” painting, room calls, and special projects.
Here is what Jeff B. from the Denver Magnolia Hotel says about being a Maintenance Engineer. “I enjoy working at the Magnolia Hotel because of the ability to learn and grow with the company. The comfortable atmosphere along with the great co-workers makes it enjoyable to come to work on a daily basis. I’m greatly appreciated here at the Magnolia Hotel and not just a number.”
Some duties and responsibilities of the Engineer include:
- Complete all general maintenance assigned duties ensuring timely completion, thoroughness, and quality standards of assigned work.
- Ensure that scheduled quality assurance and/or perfect room maintenance is completed according to assignments and schedules set by the Chief Engineer.
- Provide quick and professional service to all room calls, particularly when the guest is present, and complete associated tracking and/or follow up when job is completed.
- Maintain security of all keys, radios, tools and other assigned Hotel property; follow Hotel procedures on entering guest rooms, whether occupied or vacant.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures in performing duties, and in storing and handling supplies, agents and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe Maintenance shop.
Some Brand Guest Service Standards for the Maintenance Engineer position include:
- We are professionals at our jobs and shall behave as such
- We will work together as a team to accomplish the Hotel’s tasks and service to the guests
- Guest Service is every employee’s first job
- We will welcome continued training, apply what we learn and teach others what we know
- We will look our best as a sign of service and respect to the guests
Some desired qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer position include:
- Applied knowledge of building trades or general maintenance trade skill sets.
- Knowledge of Engineering functions as they relate to the hospitality industry.
- Project assignment experience, completing assignments on time, use of punch-list review process, and understanding of preventive and scheduled maintenance procedures.
Minimum Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer include:
- Ability ascend and descend ladders
- Ability to enter confined space
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English
The Magnolia Offerings
This position starts at $14/hr, along with The Magnolia Hotel Denver’s offer of a complimentary RTD Eco-Pass, full health insurance plan, uniform cleaning service, complimentary shift meal, paid holidays/vacation, and 401k plan. This is a full-time, flex schedule position.