3 weeks ago
The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Valet include:
- Promptly recognizing the guest, and attending to their needs and requests for valet, bell, or door services.
- Provide Bell/Door service to guests by taking luggage to and from room, including tour groups and individual guest parties.
- Provide Valet/Door services, by removing luggage from guest vehicle or shuttle and taking it to the front desk, promptly and safely take guest vehicle to designated parking area.
- Valet must always be in top form with their appearance, posture, welcoming greeting and prompt recognition of the guest.
- Check luggage, packages, etc. in bell storage area and maintain security of items in storage.
- Maintain security of the valet parking area. Ensure that guest vehicles and keys are secure at all times.
- Maintain the Hotel’s vehicles according to the maintenance schedule.
- Keep Hotel vehicles “immaculately clean” inside and out.
- Provide information and directions to guests as requested.
- Assist the front desk in delivering messages, amenities, and running errands.
- Assist the Public Space Cleaners and Housekeeping in maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby areas, entrances, driveway and other public areas of the Hotel facilities.
- Assist shuttle drivers, limo drivers or taxi drivers as necessary with baggage handling, special requests, etc.
- Maintain flow and orderliness of the Hotel drive
- Complete all shift checklists, opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Pass along shift information as required.
- Read and understand all front desk logbooks, group resumes, BEOs, and other pertinent guest service information.
- Adhere to all safety, emergency procedures and risk management policies.
- Report any vehicle accident, no matter how minor, to your manager.
- Report any injury no matter how minor to your supervisor or manager.
- Other duties as assigned which may include performing duties other than those listed in this position description in the Front Office department or other department in the Hotel.
The Desired Qualifications of the Valet include:
- Ability to work outside in extreme and changing weather conditions.
- Knowledge of guest services in areas near the hotel.
- Physically able to carry forty pounds of luggage and push/pull luggage cart loaded with up to 100 lbs. of luggage.
- Possess current and valid State Driver License and have a clean driving record
- Ability to operate standard transmission and safely drive and park a variety of motorized vehicles.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com