Human Resources Generalist
3 weeks ago
The duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist include but are not limited to:
- Oversee day to day activities of the human resources departments.
- Maintain all personnel, confidential, I-9 and injury files according to Company policy, and any State or Federal statutes.
- Approve all Personnel Action Forms (PAF) that are issued by the managers.
- Conduct thorough check-in of all new hires according to Hotel procedures including drug tests, background checks, reference checks, I-9, E-verify, uniform issues, and designated paperwork.
- Inform managers/directors of any discrepancies regarding drug tests, background checks or reference check information.
- Be available to all employees to discuss concerns, corrective actions, employment, benefits, payroll and other issues pertinent to the employee.
- Provide counsel and advise to department managers/supervisors regarding human resources related issues with their personnel.
- Approve all discharges in advance of discharge taking place, reviewing reason thoroughly with manager before giving approval, and either conduct the termination or sit in on the termination.
- Coordinate all recruiting efforts with the Managers adhering to established recruiting/hiring procedures.
- Manage the Hotel’s employee benefits programs including enrollments, 125 requirements, 401k requirements, changes, terms, billings and other related benefits matters
- Manage employee database, ensure timely entries, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Conduct first report of injury reporting to worker comp carrier and maintain OSHA log for work related injuries.
- Develop Hotel employee orientation program using local information and polices to accompany Company policies and procedures. Schedule regular orientation for new hires.
- Work with Hotel management in developing and administering employee recognition and appreciation programs.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget for the human resources department, and assist in P&L management of the plan.
- Ensure the fair and consistent application of Company Policies and Procedures in all departments and among all the Hotel employees.
- Be the Hotel standard-bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
- Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in a Human Resources Generalist position
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or VP Human Resources.
The desired qualifications of the Human Resources Generalist include but are not limited to:
- Human Resources management experience preferably in hospitality operations.
- Knowledge of all position requirements for a hotel/resort food & beverage, housekeeping, front office, sales, valet, and building services positions.
- Knowledge of EEO/AA policies, wage and hour regulations, laws and requirements involving interviewing and hiring, Title VII, HIPPA, ERISA, COBRA, ADA and FMLA.
- Experience in health benefits and 401k administration including enrollments, open enrollments, qualifying events and HIPPA compliance.
- Experience with Word and Excel software, HRIS experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with employees, guests, applicants and clients.
- Ability to give directives and ensure the administration and compliance of such directives.
Please Email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org