Housekeeping Houseperson | FT – Magnolia Hotel (Houston, TX)
MAGNOLIA HOTELS | Magnolia Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company. After extensive renovations, this 1926 historic landmark is now one of Houston’s most distinct properties. Located in the heart of downtown Houston, discover a destination dedicated to pure hospitality.
TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO BY MARRIOTT | Personality defines us. Character unites us. Tribute Portfolio is designed for travelers seeking fresh travel experiences that reflect their own unique individual point of view. With a focus on expressive design moments, vibrant public spaces, and a flexible food and beverage model, Tribute Portfolio is for full-service developers keen on creating spaces that connect people and places. Drawn together by their sense of character, diverse experiences and robust personality, Tribute Portfolio hotels are a magnet for the colorful and quirky, much like the travelers who choose to stay at them.
Housekeeping Housepersons ensure that assigned public space and guest room floors are kept fully stocked and clean to provide support to Guest Room Attendants.
- Retrieve soiled linen and garbage from guest rooms and Room Attendants carts and/or storage closets to dispose of through the linen chute or dumpsters
- Maintain hallways, reporting maintenance issues and special cleaning assignments (i.e. carpet cleaning or repainting areas)
- Deliver guest amenities or special requests to guest rooms (i.e. rollaway beds, baby cribs, refrigerators, toothbrushes/toothpaste)
- Follow instructed procedures for entering a guest room when the room is occupied by a guest
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly projects as assigned by Housekeeping Managers/Supervisors
- Clean stairwells, elevators and hallways free from debris and room service trays
- Maintain housekeeping supply storeroom by organizing new supplies upon delivery and restock of floors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates and guests in person or via a two-way radio
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience is preferred
- Must be able to read and understand daily work assignments
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel frequently
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs without assistance
Full time employees are offered medical, dental, and vision insurance, and eligible to participate in 401(k) profit sharing program after designated waiting periods. Magnolia Houston employees will enjoy access to Marriott Explore employee discount program for self, family, and friends.
Applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.