Catering Manager/Convention Services Manager
The duties and responsibilities of the Catering Manager/Convention Services Manager include, but are not limited to:
1. “Shepherd” group contract from turning definite until group departs the Hotel.
2. Conduct site tours of the Hotel for clients, and other group-related (non-social
catering) clients as directed by the Director of Sales.
3. Act as the Hotel liaison with the NSO to receive contracts, compile rooming
lists, group resumes, meet and greet the group leader, provide site tours and
other group service related duties.
4. Compile BEOs for non social catering functions and distribute the BEOs as
required to effected departments in a timely manner. Provide immediate
notice of any “pop ups” that are added to the BEO.
5. Check all meeting spaces prior to “doors open” for proper set, F&B, AV and
other requirements as listed on the BEO.
6. Check with group leader during stay/functions to ensure the Hotel is meeting
all their needs and service expectations are being met.
7. Coordinate and work with other departments related to the group’s
functions/stay such as Front Office, Food & Beverage and Engineering.
8. Compile rooming lists and resumes for all arriving Hotel groups
9. Review billing with Sales Manager and/or DOS prior to group departure
10. Communicate group activity, feedback, issues, etc. with the DOS.
11. Communicate any requested or given comps to the group to the DOS.
12. Run reports as scheduled and directed by the Director of Sales.
13. Make entries in sales management software program as directed by the
Director of Sales.
14. Provide and manage confirmation timetable for events requiring final counts,
room sets, amenities, etc.
15. Provide all leads generated to appropriate Sales management personnel.
16. Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and
success to the Hotel staff.
17. Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are
inherent in a Hotel Sales Management position.
18. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
The desired qualifications of the Catering Manager/Convention Services Manager position include
but are not limited to:
1. Sales management or sales admin experience in a hospitality environment.
2. Previous event management experience including sales, bookings and
billings with food and beverage services.
3. Experience in site presentations including menu tasting, amenity display, and
4. Contract negotiation skills with catering and group room bookings.
5. Basic accounting skills involving contracts, catering, rentals and allocations.
6. Software experience in Word, Excel, Social Tables, and Delphi
7. Proven problem solving skills and ability to multi-task events and duties.
8. Good meeting management skills.
9. Ability to set and meet multiple scheduled deadlines.
10. Willing to work evenings, weekends and “non-traditional” shifts.
The Catering Manager/Convention Services Manager position is classified as a salary exempt