Front Office Manager | FT – Magnolia Hotel (Houston, TX)
MAGNOLIA HOTELS | Magnolia Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company. After extensive renovations, this 1926 historic landmark is now one of Houston’s most distinct properties. Located in the heart of downtown Houston, discover a destination dedicated to pure hospitality.
TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO BY MARRIOTT | Personality defines us. Character unites us. Tribute Portfolio is designed for travelers seeking fresh travel experiences that reflect their own unique individual point of view. With a focus on expressive design moments, vibrant public spaces, and a flexible food and beverage model, Tribute Portfolio is for full-service developers keen on creating spaces that connect people and places. Drawn together by their sense of character, diverse experiences and robust personality, Tribute Portfolio hotels are a magnet for the colorful and quirky, much like the travelers who choose to stay at them.
To work closely with the Director of Operations and Assistant Front Office Managers to oversee the Front Desk staff, ensuring maximum operating efficiency. Managing and problem solving employee and guest issues while remaining professional at all times.
- Oversee the daily operation of the front desk
- Ensure all needed reports are run
- Directly oversee all aspects of Front Office, Guest Services and the PBX department
- Provide on-going training to staff in guest service delivery, concierge services, PMS efficiency, emergency procedures and other related subjects
- Enforce adherence to PCI guidelines from front office staff, as well as protection of guest confidentiality
- Assist with departmental scheduling and monitoring payroll productivity
- Communicate with all departments on continuing basis; communicate with Assistant Front Office Managers and Supervisors each evening/morning
- Handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory service throughout resolution process
- Ensure reviews of group resumes, Banquet Event Orders, and VIP arrivals by the front office staff to ensure seamless quality service
- Be familiar with hotel computer systems for training, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Adhere to all Systems & Controls of the Front Office and appropriate areas of responsibilities
- Maintain room inventory of all revenue lost through out of order rooms and/or maintenance problems
- Have knowledge of front office and Hotel emergency procedures, and appropriate actions to take for such emergency situations
- At least 2 years of experience in a Front Office management position
- Experience working in LightSpeed property management system preferred
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, customer service skills
- Must be able to work well under stressful situations and handle challenges in a professional manner
- Previous cash handling experience is required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time, walk, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel at times
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs without assistance
Full time employees are offered medical, dental, and vision insurance, and eligible to participate in 401(k) profit sharing program after designated waiting periods. Magnolia Houston employees will enjoy access to Marriott Explore employee discount program for self, family, and friends.
Applicants should email resumes to email@example.com.