Front Desk Agent | PT – Magnolia Hotel (Houston, TX)
MAGNOLIA HOTELS | Magnolia Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company. After extensive renovations, this 1926 historic landmark is now one of Houston’s most distinct properties. Located in the heart of downtown Houston, discover a destination dedicated to pure hospitality.
TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO BY MARRIOTT | Personality defines us. Character unites us. Tribute Portfolio is designed for travelers seeking fresh travel experiences that reflect their own unique individual point of view. With a focus on expressive design moments, vibrant public spaces, and a flexible food and beverage model, Tribute Portfolio is for full-service developers keen on creating spaces that connect people and places. Drawn together by their sense of character, diverse experiences and robust personality, Tribute Portfolio hotels are a magnet for the colorful and quirky, much like the travelers who choose to stay at them.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for providing an exceptional welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest’s stay.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to company standards
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
- Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation, and local areas of interest
- Communicate with appropriate individual or department (e.g. Valet, Housekeeping, Engineering) as necessary to resolve guest calls
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
- Understand and execute all company accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions
- Previous hotel front desk experience is required
- Experience working in LightSpeed property management system is required
- Previous cash handling experience is required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time, walk, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel at times
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs without assistance
This is a part time position. Magnolia Houston employees will enjoy access to Marriott Explore employee discount program for self, family, and friends.
Applicants should email resumes to email@example.com.