Front Desk Agent – Magnolia Hotel – Full Time
The Magnolia Omaha, formerly the Aquila Court Building, built in 1923, the structure was designed to mimic the Bargello, a palace in Florence, Italy. Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, the faces of George and Aquila Cook can still be seen on the front of the boutique hotel’s building today. Here, guests discover the inviting warmth of pure hospitality in the center of downtown Omaha. The Magnolia Omaha is a destination at the heart of the arts and entertainment district. Visit us at www.magnoliahotels.com/omaha.
The Front Desk Agent is at the center of service in the Hotel. Our Agents are genuinely original, possesses instinctual service and are urban insiders of their cities.
What we look for in a good Front Desk candidate is people who like helping people and being friendly no matter the work situation; can think fast, act quick, display grace under pressure; has good communication ability, and enjoys having fun at work.
The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Guest Services Representative include:
- Follow established front desk procedures in use of front office software system including never sharing your password.
- Greet guest in a friendly welcome manner with the appropriate time of day greeting and use guest’s last name during check-in conversation.
- Provide guest with hotel services information and other concierge-related services and information.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges and collection of payment.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, divulging guest information and maintaining guest confidentiality.
- Guest service over the phone is as important as face-to-face guest service.
- Adhere to Hotel procedures for two-way radio communication.
- Handle guest complaints to the best degree possible, and involve the Front Office Manager or Assistant in the handling of guest complaints as necessary.
- Follow all accounting and cash handling SOPs as they relate to front desk operations.
- Follow the Hotel’s lost and found procedures for items turned in, and in returning items to the guest.
- Interact with Housekeeping, Engineering, Accounting and other departments in a professional courteous manner.
- Keep the front desk area clean (front and back) to help make a favorable impression with the guests and clients.
- Maintain cashier bank with accuracy and security and do end of shift bank balance and deposit.
- Follow Front Desk Procedures in providing access to guest safety deposit boxes.
- Continue to learn front office procedures with the objective of improving guest service satisfaction and professional development.
- Learn and become familiar with all Front Desk related safety and emergency procedures.
- Complete all shift checklists, opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Pass along shift information as required.
- Read and understand all front desk logbooks, group resumes, BEOs, and other pertinent guest service information.
- Adhere to all safety, emergency procedures and risk management policies.
- Report any injury no matter how minor to your supervisor or manager.
- Other duties as assigned which may include performing duties other than those listed in this position description in the Front Office department or other department in the Hotel.
The Desired Qualifications of the Guest Services Representative include:
- Previous public contact work experience such as front desk, banking, retail sales, or receptionist.
- Ability to professionally and courteously interact with a broad cross-section of diverse guests.
- Have experience with computers and windows type software.
- Experience with office machines and procedures such as copiers, fax machines and overnight delivery services.
- Ability to properly handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Basic accounting skills with ability to make and balance deposits, balance transactions, audit work.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security in guest interactions.