Director of Sales – Magnolia Hotel – Omaha
The Magnolia Omaha, formerly the Aquila Court Building, built in 1923, the structure was designed to mimic the Bargello, a palace in Florence, Italy. Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974, the faces of George and Aquila Cook can still be seen on the front of the boutique hotel’s building today. Here, guests discover the inviting warmth of pure hospitality in the center of downtown Omaha. The Magnolia Omaha is a destination at the heart of the arts and entertainment district. Visit us at www.magnoliahotels.com/omaha.
The Magnolia Career Experience
The Magnolia career experience is a partnership of your talents, skills and personality with our resources, service success and professional standards. Our facilities exhibit the beauty of historic preservation furnished with modern styling. We are not a collection of workers in a mass of square footage. We are entrepreneurs in a unique environment of our own creation. We are committed to service to our guests, employees and community. Every employee in the Hotel will touch success. We are diverse in opinion, culture and life experiences.
The Duties & Responsibilities of the Director of Sales (DOS) include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the management and achievement of annual budgets for Sales.
2. Work with the General Manager on the creation of the occupancy/room revenue plan for the year.
3. Create annual marketing plan, selective sell and market mix plan, travel plan, etc.
4. Create promotion packages, for the local market, national accounts and transient accounts.
5. Develop sales strategies utilizing information from STR reports and other sales reports.
6. Work with GM and corporate Revenue Management on maximizing rates throughout the year, and business level conditions, events, etc.
7. Maintain relations with local Convention Visitor Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, and key corporate client travel offices.
8. Continual source new business for the Hotel.
9. Ensure staff is managing sales software to maximum advantage and all required data is entered in the sales management software program.
10. Make required business development calls, and ensure staff is accomplishing same.
11. Review BEOs, Sales Contracts, and group resumes, providing comments, edits, suggestions, etc. as necessary.
12. Work with Accounting on processing group/client credit applications.
13. Attend RevMax meetings/calls.
14. Arrange required site inspections/visits and meetings with clients on site.
15. Maintain open communications and professional relationship with other Hotel departments.
16. Work closely with the National Sales Office on corporate accounts and internet optimization.
17. Interview and select Sales Managers as required.
18. Provide continual training and development for Sales staff including prospecting methods, sales strategies/tactics, closing the deal, site presentations, rate negotiations, closing, and other Sales related subjects.
19. Establish annual sales/revenue quotas for Sales Staff and review with GM.
20. Complete annual performance reviews for all personnel in the Sales Department.
21. Administer Sales Incentive plans, working with the GM and Controller on tracking qualifying events in the incentive plans.
22. Provide service recovery to groups/events as may be required.
23. Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
24. Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in an Executive Management/Hotel Leadership position.
25. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Vice President Sales & Marketing.
The desired qualifications for the Director of Sales position include but are not limited to:
1. Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
2. Three years minimum DOS or Senior Sales Manager experience in a full service property of similar size.
3. Experience in administering revenue management applications.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients, staff, and government officials.
5. Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.
6. Strategic planning skills regarding sales, marketing and promotions.
7. Basic understanding of internet optimization.
8. Experience with Word, Excel and property management software.
9. Knowledge of catering sales regarding banquets, weddings, special events and social functions.
10. Experience in training and development and reviewing Sales personnel.
11. Experience in writing and administering sales related contracts.
The Director of Sales position is classified as a salary exempt position.