Director of Catering
Individual Hotel Catering Sales titles may include Catering Sales Director, Wedding Specialist, or Catering Sales Manager.
The Duties & Responsibilities of the Catering Sales Manager position include, but are not limited to:
- Focus on catering segment to prospect business with new contacts, follow-up on all leads, and book catering sales to meet or exceed quota on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Focus on local market to book catering events, such as social galas, weddings, and social/religious celebrations.
- Negotiate rates that will be acceptable to the client while at the same time meet revenue objectives of the Hotel’s financial plan.
- Follow up with clients to assess/evaluate catering event, with a goal to improve service and generate return/continued business.
- Provide service recovery and follow up to clients as quickly as possible.
- As necessary have rates approved for catering events reviewed and or approved by the Director of Sales prior to presenting contract to client. Ensure accuracy of contracts.
- Maintain relations with local Convention Visitor Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, corporate travel offices and other agencies public and corporate that can benefit the catering sales for the Hotel.
- Arrange required site inspections and meetings with clients on site. Make special arrangements as necessary to present the hotel in the best light especially for potential wedding related business.
- Maintain open communications and professional relationship with Hotel Front Office, Food & Beverage and Accounting departments.
- Facilitate Banquet Event Order meetings as necessary on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Be on property for important catering functions working with department staffs providing quality seamless service throughout the function.
- May perform conference service manager duties as required and/or directed.
- As necessary schedule and facilitate pre-arrival meeting with affected Hotel department to discuss the group resume, special needs, special requests, amenity/gift basket deliveries, etc.
- Ensure correct billing including deposits, credit applications, etc.
- Work with the Director of Sales on personal training and development plan to improve Sales techniques and increase prospects/leads and bookings.
- Utilize social media and internet optimization to generate leads and bookings.
- Provide suggestions to DOS for ways to advertise/market Hotel catering facilities.
- Make required business development calls and record activity data.
- Work with Food & Beverage management in development of Special Event menus particularly wedding and holiday menus.
- Work with third party providers such as audio-visual companies, florists, photographers, limousine services, etc. Make recommendations to clients of such third party providers if requested by client.
- Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
- Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in a Hotel Catering Sales Management position.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
The desired qualifications of the Catering Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Previous catering sales experience preferably in a hotel/resort setting, or for upscale catering facility involving meeting rooms, ballroom, hall, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients and Hotel staff.
- Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.
- Strategic planning skills regarding sales, booking process, prospecting and following up on sales leads.
- Understanding of sales contracts, and experience in rate negotiations.
- Experience with Word, Excel and property management software.
- Experience in writing and administering catering sales related contracts.
- Use of social media applications.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or reach out to the HR Manager at 402-231-6010 with any questions.