Business Travel Sales Manager
The Magnolia Career Experience
The Magnolia career experience is a partnership of your talents, skills and personality with our resources, service success and professional standards. Our facilities exhibit the beauty of historic preservation furnished with modern styling. We are not a collection of workers in a mass of square footage. We are entrepreneurs in a unique environment of our own creation.
Duties & Functions of the Sales Manager
Book group, corporate, transient, IBT, government, SMERF and any other defined category of booking maximizing revenue, occupancy, and sourcing new business to book are the over arching objectives of a Magnolia Sales Manager. Individual Magnolia Hotel Sales titles may include Senior Sales Manager, Corporate Sales Manager, IBT Sales Manager, or Group Sales Manager. Other general duties and functions of a Sales Manager include:
- Focus on assigned segment, follow-up on all leads, and book rooms to meet or exceed quota on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Negotiate rates that will be acceptable to the client while at the same time meet revenue objectives of average rate quota and Hotel financial plan.
- Maintain relations with local Convention Visitor Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, corporate travel offices and other agencies public and corporate that can benefit the Hotel.
- Arrange required site inspections and meetings with clients on site; work with Front Desk and Housekeeping for daily show rooms.
- As necessary schedule and facilitate pre-arrival meeting with affected Hotel departments to discuss the group resume, special needs, special requests, etc.
- Utilize revenue management applications to place Hotel in top tier of comp set, STR report, etc. and continually identify research and develop new business for assigned segment.
- Maintain all calls, tentative bookings, definite bookings and other relevant data in the sales software.
- Ensure that all contracts, billings, etc. are processed accurately through the front office, accounting and the client.
Magnolia’s Desired Qualifications for the Sales Manager
Sales are the revenue catalyst for the Hotel. Our Sales Managers regardless of segment must possess the traits and behaviors inherent to sales success. A sampling of the desired qualifications we look for include:
- Previous sales experience, 2 years minimum, in a hotel/resort setting, or sales experience involving a contract booking procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients, Hotel staff, and government officials.
- Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.
- Strategic planning skills regarding sales, booking process, prospecting and following up on sales leads.
- Understanding of sales contracts, and experience in rate negotiations.
- Experience with sales management software and use of social media outlets and applications as a sales tool.
- Experience in writing and administering sales related contracts.
The Magnolia Dallas Downtown offers the following benefits to full time salaried employees:
- Complimentary Parking Garage Pass or Free DART Pass
- Incentive Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after 30 days of employment
- Complimentary shift meal
- Employee and Friends & Family discounts at all Magnolia Hotels
- Paid Time Off
- Shoes for Crews
- Charitable Donation Match
- Education Assistance/Student Loan Debt Relief
- “Kitz for Kidz” School Supply program
Magnolia Hotels. Pure Hospitality.