Assistant Food & Beverage Director
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Food & Beverage Director include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Hotel Food & Beverage (F&B) components emphasizing the department’s objective to provide consistent quality service, quality products and profitability.
- Direct management emphasis towards Special Event functions including staffing, set-up service periods, guest/client satisfaction, and through breakdown of event.
- As directed correctly code and submit invoices and purchase orders.
- Ensure all ServeSafe sanitation standards are consistently adhered to.
- Assist in the revision and/or creation of menus for Hotel F&B components.
- Ensure labor costs comply with department productivity reports.
- Program, or assign the task department POS registers and utilize the report capabilities of the POS to enhance department performance.
- Administer necessary cash controls in required Hotel F&B components.
- Assist with non-food inventories on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Assist if required in conducting month-end inventory for food and alcohol.
- Conduct regular guest service training for front of the house F&B personnel particularly event briefings and inspections prior to special events..
- Participate in regularly scheduled BEO meetings.
- Conduct room inspections, set inspections and staff appearance inspections prior to Special Event functions.
- Ensure safety procedures, safety training, and safety reporting procedures are being adhered to by all department personnel.
- Ensure F&B loss control and shrinkage measures are in place particularly with liquor.
- Respond to guest/client concerns as necessary.
- Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
- Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in a Food & Beverage management position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Director or General Manager.
The desired qualifications of the Assistant Food & Beverage Director include but are not limited to:
- F&B department management experience in a Hotel or Resort operation or an upscale dining and/or club operation.
- Banquet/catering experience in functions for up to 200.
- Experience with and knowledge of all F&B front and back of the house positions with the ability to quickly assess service situations.
- Ability to train and evaluate staff in the processes of Food & Beverage operations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with a broad cross-section of guests, employees and company business clients.
- Knowledge of liquors, wines, wine service, beers, and the selling techniques and ability to pass knowledge on to staff.
- Basic accounting skills for conducting inventories, scheduling staff, cash controls, loss prevention, analyzing monthly P&L statements, pricing menus, food and alcohol.
- Certified in or ability to pass ServeSafe food sanitation course and TIPS/TABC training.
- Experience with computerized POS systems.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Director position is classified as a salary exempt position.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.